The following are the rules set by the faculty and athletic department for student eligibility for extra curricular activities. Our goal is to have all of our students able to participate.
Moderators of extra curricular activities will receive a student list identifying the students who have received warning notices.
- Students have four weeks to significantly improve their grades.
- The CONSEQUENCES of failing grades on the subsequent report card, are stated below.
The FIRST time a student has two failures:
- The student may not participate in any activity/game/practice for four weeks.
- A conference will be held --administration, moderator, teachers, guidance --to determine if there has been significant improvement; if so, student may be allowed to return to the activity.
The SECOND time a student has two failures in any subsequent report card:
- The student is ineligible until the next report card.
If the student earns two failures in any subsequent report card the student is ineligible until the next report card.
The failures apply to each subject that the student is taking: Full year, Half year, Phys. Ed, Health, Driver Ed, Art, Computer, SAT and Seminar.
Students with three failures on any report card may not participate until the next report card.