St. Mary's depends on the generosity of its alumni, parents, and friends to help maintain our mission.
The Annual Fund is a yearly campaign to raise funds that support the operating budget of the school. It provides immediate benefits to a variety of programs including academics, the arts, faculty professional development, technology and athletics. Each and every gift, no matter its size, is vital to the school. All gifts made are tax-deductible and donors will be acknowledged in the Annual Report. We hope that you will consider participating in the SMHS Endowment Fund.
2012 Endowment Fund Goals.
One of the most important goals of the SMHS Endowment Fund is 100% participation from every member of our community. This commitment is a key indicator of the quality and well-being of the school to others, primarily corporate and foundation donors. Every gift is important and every gift is appreciated. Our dollar goal for the endowment is $15,000,000.
Endowment Fund Gift Clubs
- Sisters of Charity Club $25,000 & up
- Principal’s Club $10,000 – $24,999
- Pastor’s Club $5,000 – $9,999
- Fr. Hanley Club $2,500 - $4,999
- Al LoBalbo Club $1,500 - $2,499
- Friends of SMHS $1,000 - $1,499
- Blue & White Club $500 - $999
- Hilltoppers Club $250 - $499
- Century Club $100 - $249
- SMHS Booster Club $1- $99
- Young Alumni Club (Classes of 2000-2011) - $1 and up
You can increase your support of SMHS by taking advantage of the matching gift program that many corporations offer. If you or your spouse works for a company with a matching gift program, your gift may be doubled or even tripled. Obtain and fill out a matching gift form that is provided by your employer and enclose it with your gift.
Honorary or Memorial Gifts
We are happy to accept Annual Fund gifts in honor of or in memory of individuals. When you make a gift, please include the name of the individual so they may be properly recognized in our Annual Report.
Restricted Gifts to scholarships or Endowment
Gifts to the Annual Fund are always unrestricted and are directed to the areas in which the school feels the greatest need. If you are interested in making a restricted gift to a scholarship or to the endowment please contact the Development Office at (908)352-4350
MISSION STATEMENT FOR ST. MARY OF THE ASSUMPTION HIGH SCHOOL
The students, parents, priests, administration, faculty and staff of St. Mary of the Assumption High School are a community who strive to be a visible, viable manifestation of the teacher-redeemer Christ among us and all persons. The richness and variety of the many ethnic heritages represented by the people of St. Mary of the Assumption are respected and valued as we work for the benefit of our school and the larger society. We endeavor to facilitate and foster the total growth: spiritual, emotional, intellectual, physical and social development of each student who becomes part of the St. Mary tradition.
To accomplish this goal St. Mary of the Assumption High School seeks to:
- Provide a safe, caring and secure learning environment, which will challenge students to develop his or her potential.
- Emphasize personal attention to develop in each student a sense of his or her own belonging to the family community of St. Mary’s.
- Foster in our students a keen Christian awareness of responsibility to and for others; as well as service for the common good.
- Recognize each person as an individual who is affirmed and worthy of being loved.
Ways to make a gift:
Making a gift to SMHS is easy. We accept cash, checks, and bequest. Checks should be made payable to "SMHS Endowment Fund" and mailed to:
St. Mary of the Assumption High School
237 So. Broad Street
Elizabeth, NJ, 07202
Attn: Ms. Janet Malko
Should you have any questions, please contact the Development Office at (908)352-4350.